You will need:
- 12 gauge Florist wire or Jewelry wire. (I purchased mine at Michaels)... 5 yards will make approx. 3 names depending on the # of letters in the names. Approx $3-5 per 5 yards.
- Wire Cutters
- Plyers (ones without teeth if possible because you will find it makes marks on your wire)
- Hangers with notches (I purchased mine for about $1.50 each)
- Drill to put a small hole in your hanger (I used 5/64 bit)
- Glue to secure the wire into the holes you make. (I used Loctite Super Glue)
- Make a template to practice your letters. I did my Capital Letters about 2" and my Lower Case Letters 1" tall. The easiest way is to google cursive writing and see what type of letters you would like to use. I also went onto Etsy and Wedding Bee to see what other people had done.
- Check out the You Tube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQ3v-p2EuM This video will give you a good idea on how to make the letters if you haven't already practiced yourself.
So that is it! The more you practice the better you will get at it! Overall it cost about $2-3 per hanger + your time. It is really the time it takes over the cost of the items. Good luck!